Saturday, November 12, 2011

mason jar peach cobber *sweet yummy goodness*

I must be on a run with cooking cause here is another recipe I must share! We made the peach cobbler in mason jars as a fun end to dinner with friends (for extra fun make the dessert together! Thanks Amy!) This is the not only one of the simplest desserts I've ever made, but also one of the best ever! It is an instant family favorite! I found the recipe HERE

Here is what you need to make 4-6 jars:
1 large can of peaches in heavy syrup
1 box yellow cake mix
3 table spoons of butter per jar
cinnamon to sprinkle on top

Fill the botton 1/4 of the jar with peaches, divide the dry cake mix between the jars and just pour over the peaches (thats right- do not mix together the cake mix with anything!) melt the butter you will need and pour the melted butter over the top of the dry cake mix. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top and bake at 350 for approx. 45 min. (These instructions may not exactly match the link- but this is how we made it!)
The results:
Before

After
Adding icecream made it even more unbelievable!
  
Too amazing and too easy not to try!

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness....so so so so so yummy. i'm including this in my friday highs post today :) haha. we need to make this again, soon. my sweet tooth is going crazy just thinking about it!!

    ReplyDelete